At Speed Agency we believe in the combined power of creativity and technology to innovate user experiences, creating brand engagement at every touchpoint. We are expanding our client services team and are looking for a tech savvy Website Project Manager to join our driven and friendly team. Working across a range of website projects, you will be part of an expanding agency working on some exciting web projects for clients in the education, medical, recruitment and manufacturing sectors.
Job Description: Website Project Manager
Ideal candidate should at least have 2 years’ experience working on the following:
- End to end project management of WordPress websites and bespoke web applications.
- Fully understanding project scope and requirements, interfacing with clients, web designers and web developers to develop project documentation.
- Managing clients and stakeholder relationships.
Ideal candidate must be a professional and tech savvy individual with fantastic communications skills and a proactive, can-do attitude to project delivery. With an eye for detail and a fastidious attitude to understanding scope requirements, writing up and maintaining project documentation, you’ll help us deliver exciting new websites for our clients.
This role requires a mix of skills and experience; having excellent relationship-building skills with the ability to handle multiple projects at once, whilst having the capacity to understand technical requirements in order to manage and deliver website projects on time and on budget.
The 2 main areas of responsibilities:
- Project management – understand project requirements, manage and deliver a wide range of medium sized website projects. Owning the end-to-end project process and coordinating all related project tasks to ensure a smooth-running project delivery, through to testing and deployment.
- Account Management – build and manage client relationships, with excellent communication and organisational skills, with the understanding of how and when to keep client updated on progress and how and when to communicate when issues arise.
Specific skills and experience required:
- Proven experience of end-to-end website project delivery as a project manager.
- Experience / understanding of cost, budget management, scope and time within project management.
- Creating and maintaining project documentation including SOWs, Project Schedules, Budgets, RAID, CRs and technical/features/scope documents.
- Proven track record of understanding website project requirements / of how specific website functionality will work for the user, translating technical language into the everyday for client / colleagues to understand. Writing up requirements.
- Confidence in discussing technical requirements with Developers to check specifications in order to discuss with client / include in project documentation.
- Understanding and managing out of scope / additional functionality requests.
- Experience in managing and co-ordinating project meetings including briefings, scrums, kick-offs, updates and client meetings.
- Creating and maintaining project plans and timelines, breaking down tasks and scheduling in
- Building relationships with colleagues and work closely with our team of Web Designers, Web Developers and other Account Managers.
- Understanding of WordPress or other similar CMS
- Understanding of basic content editing
- Being primary client contact with experience in proactive day to day management of project tasks
- Exceptional communicator
- Pro-active problem solver
- Ability to build client relationships, manage client relationships and deal with difficult situations when sometimes projects do not run smoothly, through open and confident dialogue and by getting to understand the issues quickly, developing plans and having the ability to communicate that plan of action.
- Experience in a busy agency, consultancy or internal role that requires co-ordination / management of multiple stakeholders and projects.
- Experience of applying agile, waterfall or other hybrid project management methodologies.
- Experience managing/coordinating project risk.
- Experience in website testing.
- Understanding of SEO basics.
- Understanding of digital accessibility.
- Basic understanding of Google Analytics, Google Search Console and/or other web analytics software such as Hot Jar.
- Competitive salary, between £30,000 – £35,000 depending on experience.
- 25 days holiday + birthday + bank holidays.
- 2% employer pension contribution.
- Companywide profit bonuses.
- Hybrid working arrangement.
- Personal development investment.
If you are interested in applying, please email your CV to
Jo Thacker, Managing Director at [email protected] or call on 01832 280 032.