At Speed Agency we believe in the combined power of creativity, technology to innovate user experiences, creating brand engagement at every touchpoint in order to stay ahead. Our expertise covers both on and offline strategies across numerous business sectors. We successfully produce compelling creative solutions from concept to completion.
We are expanding our client services team and are looking for a strategic and commercially aware Design Account Director with an eye for creativity to join our driven and friendly team.
The role has a new business focus so you will need to be commercially savvy and dynamic
at business development.
Design Account Director (AD)
You will have at least 5 years’ account management and at least 2 years in a more senior role as well as agency-side experience. The role covers the following key areas:
- Leading, managing and developing existing key design accounts
- Managing the outputs of multi-faceted projects and campaigns on a day-to-day basis, working with colleagues to deliver high quality projects
- Managing new business opportunities, lead and mange new business pitches.
- Building relationships at a senior level, managing communications, and working on issue resolutions as required
- Managing a small team of design-focused client services managers.
Overview of skills and experience required
You will have excellent communication and written skills and show a good track record of accomplished projects and business development achievements.
We are looking for a highly motivated person, capable of both independent and team working. Essentially, a ”strategic doer” who wants to lead on and deliver quality work and enjoys what they do – becoming an indispensable and reliable member of the team and who can specifically help to grow new and existing design accounts.
Reporting directly to the Managing Director, you will be required to do the following:
- Lead and manage pitch responses, working with the MD and CD to develop responses and be part of the pitching team
- Develop, build and maintain senior client relationships, with the ability to spot opportunities to further develop accounts and win work
- Be confident and persuasive backed up by solid professional and commercial experience
- Manage and liaise with inhouse teams to deliver quality creative projects on time and to budget
- Direct and project manage a variety of both on and offline design projects
- Write different types of briefs; design, campaigns, brochures, etc. Demonstrate skill at translating client needs into accessible, coherent briefs.
- Have a comprehensive understanding of the branding, collateral creation, video creation, campaign creation and creative processes and manage each stage of the process proactively.
- Lead client meetings and present creative work
- The ability to be hands on is a must, as is the ability to multi-task across many different project types at any one time.
- Write fee proposals and manage profitable accounts
- Write project proposals, project plans and schedules to deliver a range of tactics to deadline
- Manage projects through from start to finish liaising with the MD to discuss any potential issues
- Attend client meetings and write up Contact Reports for clients and internal notes for colleagues
- Carry out accurate research for either client or agency pitch purposes
You will need to have:
- Business development and new business skills
- Excellent organisational and planning skills
- Excellent written and verbal skills, as well as presentation skills
- An eye for detail, thoroughness and the desire to see projects through to an excellent standard
- Be ambitious, the agency is on a growth plan and we are looking for someone who wants to help us get to that next level.
- Be resourceful and flexible in your approach to project assignments
- Competitive salary, between £40,000 – £45,000 depending on experience
- 25 days holiday + birthday + bank holidays
- 2% employer pension contribution
- Significant companywide bonuses
- Personal development investment
- Great social calendar
- Vibrant, ambitious culture
If you are interested in applying, please email your CV to Jo Thacker, Managing Director at [email protected] or call on 01832 280 032